NVWP Young Writers and Families Programs
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
FALL 2018 Young Writers and Families Saturday Workshops
November 3 and November 10, 2018
These are two separate sessions. You may sign up for either one or both. Sessions may be taught by different teachers and include different activities.
Saturday Young Writers Workshops are for interested and motivated writers in grades 5-12. Workshops are run by trained Northern Virginia Writing Project Teacher Consultants. Class size is small, with an average of 12 students. Students are assigned to 3 workshop sessions: 2 of their choice and 1 reading/writing group. Early Writers Workshops are a multi-genre workshop for grades 1-4. The students remain in one room. In the Family Writers Workshop (Nov. 10 only), young writers, parents, and siblings (kindergarten and up) learn about how to create write nights, preserve writing, and have fun with keeping the writing going from week to week.
- Young Writers (Grades 5-12): 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Early Writers (Grades 1-4): 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Adult Writers: 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Family Writers: 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (**Nov 10 ONLY**)
- Young Writers, $75/new students, $65/returning* students and siblings
- Early Writers, $75/new students, $65/returning* students and siblings
- Adult Writers (November 3: Writing and the Arts, November 10: Poetry Forms, $25 per person
- Family Writers (adults and kids, kindergarten and up), $25 per family, **Nov 10 ONLY**
*returning students = attended a Fall 2017, Spring 2018, or summer 2018 program
Scholarships: a limited number of partial scholarships are available depending on overall registrations. Please indicate your interest in the registration Comments section.
Payments may now be made only with Visa or Mastercard. Once you register, you will receive an email with a payment link. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
George Mason University, FAIRFAX Campus (specific directions/room locations and parking information will be sent one week before each workshop).